Thursday, August 28, 2008

Shiny hair.

Years ago someone told me that if you washed your hair with cold water you'd have shiny hair.

So I showered and washed my hair in cold water.

And my hair shined.

It was the 1970s and my hair was very long.

And shiny.

But the showers were cold.

Hair was shiny.

Cold hair.

But shiny.

And this went on for a couple of years.

I dreaded the cold shower.

But I had shiny hair.

And then one day I woke up and thought to myself:

'Why the heck do I want shiny hair anyhow?'

I had no answer.

So I took a hot shower. A wonderful hair dulling hot shower!

MORAL OF THE STORY?

There is no moral to this story.

SO TO SUM UP:

There is nothing to sum up.

POINT OF THE STORY?

The point is that cold water makes your hair shiny.

CONCLUSION?

Hot showers>cold showers

---------
PS
Me and the Hoag are getting stood up tonight by the Blonde...seems she'd rather listen to the future leader of the free world give his speech than listen to me and dull-haired Hoag talk about cold showers.

Or something.

10 comments:

Cake said...

You're sure you're not a girl, right?

Anonymous said...

Wait...

"...she'd rather listen to the future leader of the free world give his speech..."

Obama is speaking tonight. Not McCain.

Did you just concede the 2008 presidential race to the Democrats?

-- Lamont "You Did! You Did!" Cranston

I Ain't No Oprah said...

I'd vote for Obama over McCain.

Though the thought of Biden as President sends shivers up (down?) my spine.

As I told someone today, I don't agree with Obama policy. I do think the country needs his pizzazz.

For four years anyhow...

I Ain't No Oprah said...

When I was with the Howling Commandoes, McCain was someone we referred to as a 'chowderhead'

Anonymous said...

That's chowdah! Chowdah!!!

Cake said...

"I do think the country needs his pizzazz."

I totally misread this as "I do think the country needs his pizza."

Now I'm hungry.

pork luck said...

yummm... obama's pizza joint! I'll bet thats a fun place on a friday night! Meet ya there cake!

Sparkle Plenty said...

Squeeeeeeeee!

The Howling Commandoes! I loved your band!!!

That first album, "Commando As We Wanna Be" was outtasight, baby, outtasight. You rocked out on the zither.

Damn, I want pizza now.

Anonymous said...

http://blog.oregonlive.com/photos/2008/03/Obama%20in%20Oregon.57.jpg

Anonymous said...

"Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos" -- a reprint of the orgin issue -- was the comic that got me into collecting comics, which I did for a solid decade-plus.

Ended up selling 'em at fire-sale prices when I moved out on my own.

To this day I miss my full run of "Plop!", as well as various other absolutely no-value items.

-- Lamont "Pulp Me" Cranston