Thursday, January 06, 2011

Things that interested me in 1971


So yesterday I spot this book behind my counter at the shop.

It was a book I read when I was eleven years old. I read it numerous times.

All In Color For A Dime.

I read it so much it was falling apart.

{Hmmmmmm....this copy here is falling apart!}

So I flip through book.

On the last page is a coupon that you could order other books from the publisher.

The coupon is filled out in pencil.

By me.

From 1971.

My own book from 1971 is behind my counter.

I must have sold it years ago and then bought it back recently from the guy who bought it.

So what book did I mean to buy via a coupon in the back of this book?

WHY DID THEY NAME IT? by Hannah Campbell. The story behind the stories of the brand names that have become household words.

----
I was eleven years old. For some reason this interested me. But not enough to actually send in my ninety five cents plus fifteen cents postage.

3 comments:

Cake not signed in said...

It really doesn't sound to me like you've changed much since you were a kid.

On a whoooole lotta fronts.

Clinky said...

I know what I'm getting you for your birthday.

Cake said...

Hang on, lemme chip in...$0.95 ok?