Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day

Today is election day and in Massachusetts the hot button 'Question #1' is whether or not grocery stores can sell wine. Seems Senator Ted Kennedy voted yes on that question. He also voted wine for Attorney General, wine for State Auditor, and wine for State Treasurer. No flip-floppin' for Ted.

On the Massachusetts ballot a bunch of the 'contests' were unopposed races....needless to say I wrote in Hoagy for US Senator. That would be pretty cool to make Buddy Night an official state holiday.

And now for Hoag's adventures in voting. He went into the booth, did his business, and then pulled open the curtain only to proclaim to nobody in particular "We're out of toilet paper in here!"

And Ted Kennedy voted for wine once again. And scotch.

11 comments:

Cake said...

I made a special trip down there this morning and voted for the dolphins, just to irritate NoOprah.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your vote!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Anonymous said...

First women can vote and now dolphins? Where is this state headed?

P.S. Don't kill me. I'm a humorist, not a mysoginist.

Cake said...

Dear Bacon Ace:

The dolphins are going to abolish bacon.

Love,
Cake

Anonymous said...

Bumper sticker for Bemisdown:

Better to vote the devil you know than the Deval you don't.

Anonymous said...

I could never vote for a dolphin: They're too prone to flipper-floppering.

As for the move to abolish bacon: When bacon is outlawed, only outlaws will have bacon.

-- Lamont "Outlaw" Cranston

Anonymous said...

I could never vote for a dolphin: They're too prone to flipper-floppering.

As for the move to abolish bacon: When bacon is outlawed, only outlaws will have bacon.

-- Lamont "Outlaw" Cranston

Lois Lane said...

Okay, so I just came back from voting. And yes, I voted yes to allow dolphins to sell Ted Kennedy wine. But I voted against the proposed ban on bacon, because a world without bacon is a world I do not want to have my heart attack in.

But here's what I don't get...there were people standing outside the polling place campaigning for canidates that were running *unopposed.*

Unopposed, as in no one is running against them, so they've got the job without even trying.

So why the hell were those people standing outside waving their little signs? I was tempted to tell them to go rake leaves in my yard if they had nothing better to do.

Anonymous said...

I tried to vote but I couldn't reach the ballot box.

Anonymous said...

The dolphins are coming.

Anonymous said...

Ted Kennedy is a good chap and not a quitter.