Sunday, June 03, 2007

The new Eric Clapton

I'm now into my 33rd season of watching the Boston Red Sox.

I've seen Yaz and Rice. I've seen Freddy Lynn, the Rooster, George Scott, Jose Canseco, Fisk, Boggs, Clemens, Pedro, Big Papi, Manny. I've seen Tom Seaver (if only for a few months) I've seen Oil Can. Hurst. Bill Lee. The Eck. Remdawg.

I've seen Luis Tiant and Curt Schilling. Johnny Damon and Denny Doyle. Dewey and Stan 'fucking' Papi.

I saw Tony C at the beginning of the 1975 season. I saw Bruno make the catch.

I saw the Stones at Fenway...front row. Twice.

I've seen 'em all.

But ya wanna know something?

Mike Lowell is the new Eric Clapton. (and they said Eric Clapton was God.)

17 comments:

Cake said...

Name dropper.

I Ain't No Oprah said...

And Nomar.

Cake said...

Retarded name dropper.

Tex said...

and I feel wonderful tonight!!!

I Ain't No Oprah said...

from cocaine?

Tex said...

after midnight Ill be knocking on heavens doors cos I shot the sheriff

Anonymous said...

There will be no Tears in Heaven for Journeyman Mike Lowell.

-- Lamont "I listened to the game on the radio" Cranston

JET said...

Mikey is the sunlight in my universe.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but who would win in a fight: Mike Lowell or The Hulk?

bostongraf said...

Okay, conversation shift.

I just came across this fine idea for you zombie lovers and fans of post-apocolytpic stories. Blog Like It's The End Of The World Day on June 13th.

http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/005176.html

I Ain't No Oprah said...

You broke up a 'who is stronger, The Hulk or Mike Lowell?' thread for that?

Cake said...

Okay, so God, Mike Lowell, and the Hulk are all fighting zombies...

Anonymous said...

Who?

I read stuff about the Red Sox and Eric Clapton being God.

But Mike Lowell? Isn't he the guy from AAA who changed my flat tire last week?

Bemis

Anonymous said...

As an aside, I walked BY Fenway Park a couple of weeks ago to bring my daughters to the most Hellish concert experience imaginable.

And I said "Hey girls, that's Fenway Park!" pretending me & Fenway were tight buddies.

Does that count?

Bemis

Cake said...

Bemis!? Is that you?!!

::faints::

Anonymous said...

cake,

Yeah. I've lost some brain cells recently. Do our good neighbors to the north have any they could spare me?

Bemis

Cake said...

Sure, I've put a few in a padded envelope for you...watch the mail!