Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Give The Perfect Gift.

So I'm driving to work this morning on the Turnpike when all of a sudden I see the Pike's message board a'flashin'.


GIVE THE PERFECT HOLIDAY GIFT!

GIVE THE PERFECT HOLIDAY GIFT!

And I thought...sure. That sounds like a good idea. To give a perfect gift.

And then the sign flashed again:

GIVE A MASSACHUSETTS TURNPIKE GIFT CERTIFICATE!

And now I know what you're all thinking.

You're thinking: "I sure wish I was Wifey come Christmas morning...cuz she's gonna get the perfect gift!"

SO TO SUM UP:
Flashing turnpike signs solve all holiday gift buying angst.

12 comments:

Kathy said...

Get Wifey a flashing Turnpike sign.
That way when you drive home, she can send you messages "Bring home Punisher" "Need more Sandman" "We're out of Absolute Watchmen"

Cake said...

Wouldn't it be more like, "You're on the couch again!" or "I put your pillow in the dog house." ?

mulderjoe said...

I want a flashing Turnpike sign.

Wifey gets EVERYTHING.

Kathy said...

well, getting Wifey a turnpike sign might = some couch time.

personally, i'd get a kick out of it and would totally screw w/all the commuters.
"Detour ahead. Turn right, now"

"Stop picking your nose"

Anonymous said...

I thought Everything was Archie? Isn't it? Archie would be the perfect gift for Wifey.

Lois Lane said...

Can you use the Turnpike gift certificate to buy the flashing sign? That would be cool. Or maybe put it towards your very own tollbooth? That would be a great way to make a little extra cash.

"No sir. I'm sorry. The toll in this lane is $32 dollars. And you need to give me that Big Mac you're eating. And the fries too."

Anonymous said...

You.

Redbeard76 said...

Great! I'll run right out and get my wifey that WINTER TRAVEL ADVISORY with REDUCE SPEED!

Gustavo Larry said...

Wives love anything that can be plugged in....toaster, blender, waffle maker, Nintendo Wii. I saw the survey.

The Silver Fox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gustavo Larry said...

No thanks. I think I got this one covered. You can keep those filthy gifts to yourself.

The Silver Fox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.