Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Your 2nd quarterly tax is due today!



Small business owners have to pay their taxes each quarter.

April 15, June 15, Sept. 15, and January 15.

Notice that the government can't even get the concept of 'quarterly' correct?

Quarterly should be March, June, September, and Decemeber....you know, quarterly.

Instead they have us pay in April (along with our regular taxes) and then BAM! two months later another tax bill.

The good part of the government being retarded?

I only have one more tax payment for the next seven months.

Except for my property tax on my home every three months.

Daily sales tax.

Tolls.

Excise tax on my cars.

State tax every 'quarter'.

Not to mention some weird taxes in my phone bill and electric bill.

I think I get a strange tax on my cable bill.

Tax on clothes over $300!!!!!????

No tax on food...except for at restaurants and for my dog.

Inspection stickers for my cars...yes, that's a tax.

The point of today's post?

I love taxes.

I kinda also like Oklahoma.

5 comments:

Clinky said...

I find it hard to believe that you're worried about the tax on clothes over $300.

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Good point.

Though keep in mind who I hang out with...

Cake said...

I heard Hoagy's last pair of socks cost more than $300!

(You beat me to the comment but I'm gonna post it anyways.)

Cake said...

p.s.
Whiniest blog EVAH!

weakerthans in de nort' countree said...

...and I
Hate
Winnipeg