Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Bloody Tongue



So last night I feel something in my mouth.

I spit in the sink.

Blood.

I spit again.

Blood.

Blood.

Blood.

I show Wifey my tongue.

Not a lot of concern there.

I look in the mirror. I'm Gene Simmons. Blood all over my tongue.

I brush my teeth.

I assume it's nothing.

(Bloody tongue is never nothing)

(Bloody tongue is cancer)

(You know it, I know it)

I go to bed.

I'm thinking about my bloody tongue.

Midnight. Bloody Tongue.

1:30 am.

Bloody.

Tongue.

My mind is racing.

WebMD on the iphone. Google 'Bloody Tongue'.

Could be bacteria. Could be cancer.

I know it's cancer. It has to be.

2:47 am. Tossing turning. Cancer treatments dance thru my head.

Can I live without a tongue?

orb bill ib tawg lige dis?

It's freaking me out.

I get up again. I rinse my mouth. I spit.

It's now 4:38am.

No blood.

NO BLOOD!!

My cancer is gone!!

The blood turned out to be a Brachs Cinnamon Hard Candy I forgot I had around 10:00 last night.

How brushing my teeth didn't get rid of it the first time I have no idea.

Did I forget to brush my tongue?

I usually brush my tongue. With a toothbrush, not a hairbrush

I'll tell you about the hairy tongue another time....

4 comments:

Cake not signed in said...

I had blue tongue cancer the other day...I probably won't tell you that story another time.

Bloody Beatles said...

Here Comes The Tongue

Bloody Racoon

Happiness is a Warm Tongue

Get Brachs

Sometongue

Dr. D.Blake said...

Hey- as long as yer gound ain't red, no sweat.
If your gound isred, bye bye, Sweetie

paul howley said...

"Get Brachs" wins the game.