So yesterday I'm on a business forum and the subject of the areola comes up. You know, the areola...that brownish/pinkish piece of real estate that circles the nipple.
What about the areola is so forbidden? On TV you can see every part of a woman's breast except the areola. And of course, the evil nipple.
But the real part of the areola that befuddles me is that people rarely even say it out loud. Have you ever heard the following in actual conversation?:
1. "Man, she has beautiful areolas!"
2. "Man....my areolas sure do itch...I've got itchy areolas!"
3. Excuse me sir, do my areolas smell funny?
4. "You know, Louie...ya can tell the size of a woman's areolas by the size of her feet. It's true."
5. "But Mom...we had areolas for dinner last night!"
6. "Get your feet of the areolas...I just polished them!"
7. "I'm afraid you have cancer of the areola.
8. "Man! Look at the areolas on that man's cans!"
(Men have areolas also, correct?)
9. I'll take the Areolas plus three points over the Dallas Cowboys!"
10. "Mmmmmmm....chicken fried areolas!"
Areolas. Dumbest word in history. And rarely do you hear anyone say it out loud. Areola. Sounds Hawaiian
(spackle and slacks are dumb words also)