Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A half a million miles with no diapers.

I've worked at the same place for almost 24 years. I drive 54 miles each day roundtrip.

That totals more than 1/2 million miles I've driven to work.

Half.
A.
Million.
Miles.

Driving to work.

So a couple weeks ago I was writing out directions to my house for someone and realized I didn't know what exit number I get off on.

A half a million miles and you'd think I'd know the exit number.

But I didn't.

On the bright side, unlike astronauts I don't need to wear diapers when travelling long distances.

Yet.

6 comments:

Cake said...

"A half a million miles and you'd think I'd know the exit number.

But I didn't."

The letters r, e, t, a, r, d, e, and d come to mind.

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Dear Cake,

The letters r,e,t,a,r,and d are not numbers and therefore could not be exit numbers.

Anonymous said...

I ain't changing nobodys diapers...

Cake said...

Dear NoOprah:

You can tell numbers from letters! Well, at least we can tell you didn't get any brain damage during your hiatus.

Phew!

JET said...

Gave me another good laugh IANO. Glad you're back.

Phil Donahue's niece: What's the story with your picture?!?!

Tex said...

aint nothing IANO, I've driven thousands of time through Houston to get to Austin...but I couldn't tell you what exits and way.