Wednesday, August 22, 2007

How the Viet Cong make my life better.

Sounds weird, huh?

What you are about to read is true. All of it. I swear on the life of one of my kids (but not the other one...just in case)

So how do the Viet Cong make my life better? First off who are the Viet Cong? In simple terms they were the 'bad guys' during the Vietnam War. If you need more information go buy a book. No...not Harry Potter....buy a book on the Viet Cong.

So anyhow:

Late at night I turn the lights off and sometimes watch TV and usually forget which is the channel button and which is the volume button.

This is where the Viet Cong come in.

You see, the volume button is on the left of the remote and the channel buttons are on the right.

Volume=Viet. Channel=Cong. Viet=Left. Cong =Right.

V=Volume AND Viet.
C=Channel and Cong.

See? It's a simple way of remembering. I'll be on the couch, in the dark, and I'll need to turn up the Volume....I say 'VIET CONG' and then I know the Volume is on the left. I say 'VIET CONG and then I know the channel button is on the right.

I'm just glad we weren't at war with the Volume Channels.

(sometimes i just think: 'the volume is on the left')

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I hold a cinderblock and just pretend?

-- Lamont "You Know The Rest" Cranston

Sparkle Plenty said...

Small world. I use the term "Vintage Chablis" for the same purpose. Except, when I say it out loud I usually wake up two days later in Las Vegas...Maybe I should change words.

Lamont: According to Popular Mechanics, you can make your own television with a cinderblock, a Sharpie, and one or two controlled substances...I think you can use a magnet to change channels if you wear a tin foil hat (as I do).

Anonymous said...

Does ramont own a lemote contlol?

Lois Lane said...

Viet Cong....interesting.

Personally, I use the phrase "Viva Chardonnay!"

It's much more infrastructure friendly.

Cake said...

::sighs heavily::

You people are turning me into a ::sips:: lush.

I watch tv late at night in the dark, too...but my remote is a clever Canadian one: it has a light on it.

Of course, I can't always find the button that makes it light up...but let's not go there.

Anonymous said...

So, wait, did we go to war for the Viet Cong's contribution to tv watching, then? I'm so confused...

Anonymous said...

vietcong, huh...

Very ingenius elephants take care of nervous giraffes?

Anonymous said...

Sometimes one needs to destroy a network in order to save it.

-- Lamont "Westmoreland" Cranston

Anonymous said...

I hope I don't get home tonight and find that volume control is on the right and my channel control is on the left...I'll be so confused.

Anonymous said...

Yay, a blog about me!

Anonymous said...

I Wanna Hold Your N.....

::NAACP bursts in::

Don't do it! We buried you, man!

Anonymous said...

All You Need Is Rice.

Eleanor Riceby

Lovely Rice-a

Benefit For Mr. Rice

The Ballad Of Won and Yoko

Anonymous said...

Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kyke

Anonymous said...

- Why Don't we Do it in the Wok
- Please Mister Chinaman

Anonymous said...

Roll Over Ho Chi Minh

Napalm-ethene Pam

Drive my Oxen

Anonymous said...

Aint She Sweet & Sour Sauce

Yen Lane

PS I Ruv You

Sweet Little Saigon

Anonymous said...

- With A Little Help from my One Billion Friends
- Good Morning, Good Morning VIETNAAAAM!
- Ob-La-Wong, Ob-la-Wang

Anonymous said...

Lucy Liu in the Sky with Diamonds

Anonymous said...

Dizzy Miss Charlie

Charlie Rigby

Please Mister Charlie-Man

Hey Charlie

Charlie Raccoon

Charlie's Silver Hammer

Anonymous said...

I love my Good n Plenty...

Anonymous said...

Really rings a bell...

Sparkle Plenty said...

Wow! I missed a lot this afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Do You Want To Know A Slant Eye?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that exact make. The prices due to the fact that the boots are about 330 bucks on every page. But finally I bring about this locate selling them for half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order those. what can you tell me about these?