Tuesday, July 28, 2009

In a minute or two.



GUY: "Are you closed?"

ME: "I was just closing."

GUY: "Oh...mind if I come in?"

ME: "Sure...come on in."

GUY: "When are you closing?"

ME: "Well...I'm closed now, but you can poke around for a minute or two if you'd like."

GUY: "Okay...just let me know when you want to close."

ME: "Well... I'm closed now, but you can poke around for a minute or two if you'd like."

GUY: "Okay...just let me know."

ME: "In a minute or two."

GUY: "Okay...let me know."

ME: "Will do."

---

TEN MINUTES GO BY:

ME: "Okay...I'm gonna close now."

GUY: "Mind if I just poke around for a minute or two...I'm waiting for my pizza?"

11 comments:

Cake said...

Are you hiring?

Lois Lane said...

What kind of pizza?

Cake said...

BAMBOO!

cousin saul said...

My store (The Eisner-Award-Winning-Store) is open very convenient hours for anyone waiting for their pizza to be cooked.

Lois Lane said...

Bamboo pizza?

You guys eat some weird stuff in Canada.

Cake said...

Tap dancing elephants!

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Cousin Saul's store won the Eisner Award in the 20th century (how quaint)

Lois Lane said...

To sum up:

Cousin Saul's store won the Eisner award for best bamboo pizza in 1953. He is currently not hiring tap dancing elephants.

The Silver Fox said...

I used to shop at Ernie Kovacs' comic shop back when comic books were only a nickel. And they didn't even have pizza back then!

And by the way, there is no truth to the rumor that Ernie Kovacs was Rorschach in Watchmen. That was Walter. Walter Cronkite.

Cake said...

Bamboo?

Lois Lane said...

Bamboo.