Friday, December 01, 2006

Some might call it love. I call it love.

On Buddy Night we somehow always end up at T.G.I.Fridays. Plenty of great restaurants in our area but there is something about TGIF's that keeps us coming back. It certainly isn't the food. The food is average at best. But it's a fun place, tons of TVs, GREAT wait staff, good music, comfortable tables, and close by. But the food really does kinda suck.

Last night things changed. Possibly forever.

We ate our average steaks and then noticed the new dessert menu.

Prepared at our table by the bartender was freshly made donuts in a bag filled with cinnamon and sugar, shaken in said bag, and then displayed on a plate with some kinda awesome dipping frosting thing.

There is nothing (NOTHING!!) better than fresh hot donuts covered in cinnamon and sugar and then dipped into that frosting dip stuff.

And they're those little donuts. Maybe 15 per bag. $4.00. Could have had TWO bags had my daughter not wasted the $4.00 on the Butterfly Effect video rental.

Moral of this story?

Go somewhere else for dinner, stop at the Olive Garden for their Lemon Cream Cake, and then shoot over to TGIF's for hot cinnamon sugar donuts with frosted dipping elixir.

(Them donuts made me forget all about the dozens of soldiers that have died in Iraq, the long long Cold War that was finally ended by Ronald Reagan, and the circumference of Ted Kennedy's head.)

18 comments:

Lois Lane said...

Damn it. I hate the food at TGIF's, but now I absolutely *hate* to go there.

Mmmmmm....donuts. What wine goes best with donuts?

Lois Lane said...

HAVE, not hate. HAVE.

Excuse the typo. Am heavily mediated on cold medicine. Some wine would actually make me more coherent today. And donuts. Donuts would definitely make me more coherent.

I Ain't No Oprah said...

They will change your life.

For the better.

Cuz it's love. Covered in cinnamon and sugar. And they're hot.

Lois Lane said...

Anunomess, you're absolutely right.

Y'know, if this was 50 years ago, I'd be swinging from a tree with a donut up my...

Damn, but this cold medicine is strong.

Cake said...

Those donuts will go straight to your thighs, NoOprah!

Cake said...

Lois:

I've done work under the influence of cold syrup before and it's always an adventures...sometimes I've even invented new editing marks, too.

I wanna see what YOUR work looks like today!

(They should invent donuts filled with wine...mmmm.)

Anonymous said...

mmmm...Cinnadunkers...Yes, it is love!

Tex said...

I might as well attach them to either side of my hips and one on each buttock.

bostongraf said...

Bourbon is my cold medicine.

mmmm...cold medicine

Anonymous said...

Wife, son and I were there from 8-9pm. Didn't par-take in mmmm... Cinnadunkers... though. 1st booth along glass windows heading into the mall. I guess I should have looked around (instead of listening for T's laughing, must have been a serious night) for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Spud we missed you! And I can't believe you didn't hear laughter...who could hang out w/ NoOphra and Dancing Bear and not laugh :)

Anonymous said...

How many bags of donuts and bottles of wine did "Danger Pig" choke down last night? Now THAT is the definition of "Dangerous"

Bemisdown said...

HA!!!!

It's Cold Syrup Induced Truth Time!

T laughs LOUDER than me.

Cake said...

So, at lunchtime, I went and got a bag of those TGIF donuts, just to see what the big fuss was about.

And by the time I'd finished them, I'd thought up a cure for cancer, written a bestselling novel, and solved world hunger!

These donuts are little, sweet, sugary miracles. NoOprah should get the Nobel Prize for just mentioning 'em!

Bemisdown said...

I heard that about Crispy Creams...and wasn't all that impressed.

(Of course, besides having never gone to Fenway Park, I don't have much of a "sweet tooth.." Inherited that from my non-coat wearing father....)

So I should be the official tester...

Bemisdown said...

My girls and I will make a special trip to TGIF's this weekend, and I'll provide an official, objective, scientific report about the Holy Donuts when we're through:

Youngest: like me: Not much of a sweet tooth.

Oldest: Lives on Icecream.

I'll report back from the lab when the experiment is finished.

Cake said...

Putting the lives of yourself and your children on the line for donuts...you're a national treasure, Bemisdown!!

Anonymous said...

BD still love you baby. And no its not unforgetable. I love it too. It still rings like a song bird on a freezing cold morning. can't wait till one gets here (in march).