Saturday, May 31, 2008

Not a clever bunch, tall perhaps, but not clever.

At the end of the football season the champions of each conference meet in the Super Bowl to crown a champion. THE. SUPER. BOWL. CHAMPIONS.

THE SUPER BOWL.

At the end of the hockey season the two remaining teams meet in a seven game series to determine the winner of the Stanley Cup. The Stanley Cup Finals. THE. STANLEY. CUP. CHAMPIONS.

THE STANLEY CUP.

And in baseball the champion of the American League plays the National League champion and the winner is crowned The World Series Champion. THE. WORLD. SERIES. CHAMPIONS.

THE WORLD SERIES.

Which brings me to basketball.

I'm guessing you don't know what it's called when the best team from the west faces the best team from the east.

THE BASKETBALL WORLD SERIES!?

Nope.

GRAND TERRIFICO!

Nope.

HOOP CHAMP!

Nope.

SLAM CHAMPS!

Nope.

HOOP SPRINGS ETERNALS!

Nope.

You don't know what it's called...do you?

(I know you do...but the others that read this blog don't)

And do you want to know why most folks don't know what the last series of the year that determines the champion is called?

I'll tell you why.

Because it's LAME!

It's called THE FINALS.

The Finals.

Lame. The Finals.

That's the best they could come up with.

(Beat L.A.)

8 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

Finals. Lame.

1) The Dunkathon (w/commercial tie-ins with Dunkin Donuts)
2) Ballopolis
3) The Hoopiad

And, because I'm just in the mood:
1) I Wanna Hold Your Hoop
2) Dribb-La-Di, Dribb-La-Da
3) Carry That Ball
4) Get Back (to the free throw line)
5) All Balls Must Pass

I Ain't No Oprah said...

(Nicely played Sparks)

-The Basket Bowl

-Mr. Spalding Goes To...

And:

-Reboundalution 9

-Eleanor Rimby

-The Ballad of John and Kobe

-Memphis, Referee

-Back in the F.I.N.A.L.S.

-The Fool on the Free Throw Line

-I'll Foul The Son

Sparkle Plenty said...

You should see my free throws. And I do. Throw freely.

Heh! "I'll Foul the Sun"

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Let It Heave

Any Timeout At All

When I'm 6'4"

Long Tall John Sallee

Doctor Rivers

You're Gonna Lose That Ball

Being For The Benefit Of Greg Kite

Cedric Maxwell's Silver Microphone

Norwegian Parquet (This Larry Bird has Flown)

Miss? Hell.

Cake said...

I'm afraid I don't comment on basketball blogs. It's in my fine print.

Anonymous said...

-I Should Have Thrown Better

-I Am The Walton

-Shaqman

-CelTicket To Ride

The Silver Fox said...

IANO:

I'll Foul The Son
When I'm 6'4"
You're Gonna Lose That Ball

All excellent.

You're really on your game today. Pun intended.

Gina said...

-When I'm 6'4''-
Haha- NICE! Your sarcastic sense of humor brought an amused smirk to my face.

1)Baby I'M a Rich Man
2)Regulation 9

Please feel free to visit my blog, in which a couple friends and I document the stupid things we overhear dumb people saying loudly.

thesoundbites.blogspot.com