Sunday, August 20, 2006

Brainstorming

I don't usually like to talk about my daughters on this blog because it could get creepy but I'll tell this short story anyhow.

Yesterday I overheard my 20 year old talking on the phone with a friend and she said something like this:

"Let's get together and we'll brainstorm and figure everything out"

Now what kinda retard uses the phrase 'brainstorm'?

My retarded daughter....that's who!


Now I have a question for all of you:

Do you think I'll spend the rest of my life making fun or her for 'brainstorming' or will I just let it quietly fade away sparing her any future embarrassement?

11 comments:

Bemisdown said...

I use the word "brainstorming." Sounds like your daughter's a genius to me.

Clinky said...

Today was only supposed to be partly cloudy.

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Bemisdown,

HA! When I asked her where she got such a lame expression she said thats what the teachers at her school always say.

And you being a teacher...

(they must teach the phrase 'brainstorm' in teacher school, huh?)

Bemisdown said...

The secret's out nooprah! But "Brainstorming" is the LEAST stupid word they teach us in Teacher School.

Just ask your daughter.

I Ain't No Oprah said...

I'll bite.

What's the MOST stupid word they teach in teacher school?

Anonymous said...

>>What's the MOST stupid word they teach in teacher school?<<

"Sparring". As in "sparr the rod and spoil the child."

I Ain't No Oprah said...

So I added an R...give me a break.

Bemisdown said...

I need to poll my colleagues on this one.
The possibilities are endless.

Anonymous said...

Maybe she meant "barnstorming". Has she been flying around with bi-plane pilots lately?

I Ain't No Oprah said...

She only likes straight pilots.

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Always,ALWAYS embarrass your children when possible.

Puts hair on their chest. Or something.