Sunday, August 16, 2009

Memories



So last night I'm watching this documentary of the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

With them there Atom Bombs.

And they're interviewing a survivor.

She remembers her mother's eyes hanging out of their sockets and peoples skin melting off and children everywhere screaming for water and their Mothers!

The whole city in flames! She vividly recounts every detail of the horror and pain and suffering.

A man carrying his headless child thru the flame engulfed streets of the ravaged city.

She said she'll never forget any of it.

How could she?

It was the atom bomb and it wiped out everything in her life.

She'll never forget.

Ever.

---

Do you remember that episode of Gilligan's Island where the castaways made plates and cups out of plastic explosive they found on the beach?

And then the monkey got a hold of them and started throwing them around and blowing up stuff?

I'll never forget that.

Ever.

5 comments:

Cake said...

Isn't memory awesome? I'll never forget that great meal I had last week. Yum!

yakamoto said...

Do you remember when the atom bomb destroyed your city and family?

Madam Heartless said...

No, I must've slept through that.

Sparkle Plenty said...

I forgot what I was gonna say here.

Lois Lane said...

Oh yeah, I remember.....hey! Who are you people and why are you on my computer screen?