Monday, April 10, 2006
What is the Roadhouse Syndrome you ask? Well, the Roadhouse Syndrome is what happens when you're flicking through the channels and you come to a movie that you just HAVE to watch. It doesn't matter if there is only five minutes left, doesn't matter if it just started, doesn't matter if you have to go to work...you're gonna watch it. Every scene is delicious and you'll enjoy it no matter where you come in.
It doesn't mean the movie is any good (Roadhouse), there's just something about it that you like. Some movies you have to be in the mood for them...and some you have to watch the whole thing. Not Roadhouse Syndrome movies (Patrick Swayze plays a guy called Dalton and he happens to be a 'Legendary Bouncer' called in to clean up the infamaous Double Deuce bar...How stupid is that???)
Here are mine:
1. Roadhouse (Just wait until the bad guy Ben Gazzara shows up in the monster truck!)
2. Dirty Dancing (Nobody puts Baby in a corner!)
3. Jaws (See? Even great movies can be part of the Roadhouse Syndrome)
4. Planet of the Apes (almost a perfect movie...not a second of boredom)
5. It's a Wonderful Life (you can come into this anywhere and still dig it)
6. Blazing Saddles
7. Kelly's Heroes (Pretty bad war movie that just always sucks me in)
8. Blues Brothers (not even a nano second of dullness in this)
9. The Great Escape
10. Dr. No
11. And most prison movies.
What are yours? And don't get all high faluttin' and start listing Citizen Kane and Birth of a Nation and Ghandi and crap...