Monday, July 07, 2008

The Stupid Joe Morgan

There are two Joe Morgans.

A good Joe Morgan. A bad Joe Morgan.

One used to manage the Boston Red Sox in the 1980s (remember Morgan Magic?)...and he was funny and smart and just an all around good guy. The Good Joe Morgan.

And then there is the other Joe Morgan. He's an idiot.

He used to play for the Reds back in the 1970s. He wa s agood player...made the Hall of Fame.

The Bad Joe Morgan.

But now he is an announcer and calls the national games for ESPN.

Did I mention he's an idiot?

So last night he's doing the Red Sox Yankees game and he starts to comment on David Ortiz who is out with an injury.

And he says (I'm paraphrasing....I'm sure his EXACT words were worse)

"David Ortiz can make a difference in a 1 run game but not much in a 4 or 5 run game."

------

What are you talking about Joe you big stupid idiot??? Ya big stupid idiot. Idiot.

------

I love baseball but it's painful to watch when this big stupid idiot opens his big stupid mouth.

Idiot.

8 comments:

Cake said...

Hey, quit yer whining. Last night was the first night I didn't have to put up with Yankees broadcasters. ::spits::

bacon ace said...

It could be worse, it could be Tim "Astounding Retard" McCarver. Man I hate that guy. But yes, Joe Morgan is almost at his level of retardedness.

Lois Lane said...

I think you should rip off Joe Morgan's head.

Cake said...

But only his wax one, right?

Lois Lane said...

Whatever is necessary.

Hey, wonder what's inside Joe Morgan's refrigerator...?

I Ain't No Oprah said...

Cold wax.

Anonymous said...

First off, I love Tim McCarver. Yeah, he's a smug-ass know-it-all. But he's a smug-ass know-it-all who has the chops to back up what he's saying.

Furthermore, McCarver is not a home-r. When he called games for the Mets, he was not afraid to explain exactly how the Mets f*cked up. Which, in those days, was quite a bit.

(I seriously don't understand the widespread anti-McCarver sentiment, and if someone can quote me clear examples on why it exists, I'd be willing to reconsider my position.)

Now, as for Ortiz and Morgan...

As NoOprah will doubtless affirm, Sox games were often five- or six-run games BECAUSE of Ortiz. Yes, I know this point was implied in NoOprah's post.

But what's not is my contention that David Ortiz single-handedly turned my thinking around on whether a DH should be considered an MVP. Because for about two years, whenever the Sox had been trailing and came back to win, my response was "What did Ortiz hit?"

And I was rarely, if ever, wrong.

Said it before. Will say it again. You know my loyalties are to the pinstripes. But when Ortiz is healthy, he and Ramirez make up the best 3-4 combination currently in baseball.

-- Lamont "Between The Foul Lines" Cranston

The Silver Fox said...

It hasn't been the same since the Sox let that Babe Ruth guy go...

Hey, let's rip off both of Joe Morgan's heads!

I meant the real one and the wax one, of course.

Why, what did you think I meant?