Thursday, September 07, 2006

Katie needs a sign-off

Every network newsperson always has a special 'sign-off.' Remember Dan Rather and his sign-off of "Courage." Sometimes something simple from someone I forget..."Goodnight and have a pleasant tomorrow" Or Mork when he was doing the news..."na-news, na-news" and on and on...

Well, Katie Couric doesn't have a sign-off yet and has asked viewers to send in their ideas.

Last night she ended with "And dats da news, Niggaz!"

Mel Gibson sent in tonight's sign-off "No Jews is good news!"

That Mexican dude from The Treasure of the Sierra Madre sent in the classic "News? News? We don't need no stinking news!"

I can't wait for tomorrow...any ideas?

10 comments:

Lois Lane said...

"This was fun. Legs do it again tomorrow!"

Cake said...

"And that was the mutha-fuckin' news on this mutha-fuckin' day!"

(I really wanted to use "So long, and thanks for all the fish..." but I couldn't figure out how. Damn.)

Cake said...

HA!! Great minds think alike!

Anonymous said...

Thanks & Good Night.

Anonymous said...

Katie should just end each newscast with a story about a Kennedy family member's drunken escapades. Never a dull moment with those zany Kennedy's! They are America's royal family, ya know?!

Bemisdown said...

How about something simple like "And that's all from the first vagina to anchor the evening news."

(I'm kinda liking the word "vagina" now.
And note...I said the WORD "vagina." I don't want any rumors starting.)

Bemisdown said...

Or Maybe..."Thanks for joining me BFF's."

That way she can still maintain a little "perky" and be WAY cool to the under 21 crowd, who watch the evening news regularly as we all know.

And how come "Katie Couric Day" suddenly got extended to TWO days-even Martin Luther King Jr. only gets ONE day Nooprah. And he had to get killed to get it!

I think it's time for the deathpool. Just a suggestion, but you DID say it would start on Wednesday.

Bemisdown said...

Anunomess,

I didn't realize we had to consider actual FACTS in our Katie sign-off suggestions.

And the "V" word. Gone. But you never know what I might replace it with. We all need our "word of the day," afterall.

Anonymous said...

She should end with "I'll call you sometime" while leaving a twenty on the anchor desk and slipping away.

Anonymous said...

It should be something simple, like "suck it, Lauer".