Tuesday, March 14, 2006
If you're like me you think a lot about proverbs (and Hitler) and how tons of them barely make any sense. Joining two of them together doesn't really make them any less important.
1. It takes two to let sleeping dogs lie.
2. A penny saved is worth two in the bush.
3. A rolling stone saves nine.
4. Don't cut off your chickens to move mountains.
5. Spare the rod, call the kettle black.
6. A friend in need is 1/2 dozen of another.
7. Old habits die by bread alone.
8. An apple a day is the devil you don't know.
9. A woman's place makes Jack a dull boy.
10. Nothing for #10 is a penny earned.
11. Robbing Peter...and I'll scratch yours.
So many more...